By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with 88 Destinations Saudi Arabia tours. (“88 Destinations” or the “Tour Operator”), you (“you”) agree to these Terms & Conditions (the “Terms”).
By booking a Tour you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you make a booking on behalf of other participants, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept these Terms on behalf of the other participants in your party.
1. THE BOOKING CONTRACT Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. You agree to provide full, complete and accurate information to the Tour Operator.
2. BOOKING ON BEHALF OF OTHERS By booking on behalf of other participants, you are deemed to be the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with your Tour booking, notifying the Tour Operator or your travel agent if any changes or cancellations are required and keeping your party informed. By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and the Tour Operator will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
4. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Any special requirements must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator will use reasonable efforts to accommodate special requirements or requests but this is not always possible given the nature of the destinations visited and availability of options outside a planned itinerary. Certain activities may be inaccessible to you if your mobility is limited in any way. All food allergies and dietary restrictions must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking but the Tour Operator cannot guarantee that dietary needs or restrictions can be accommodated. Any special requests or requirements do not form part of these Terms or the contract between you and the Tour Operator and the Tour Operator is not liable for any failure to accommodate or fulfill such requests.
5. AGE REQUIREMENTS Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of first travel is considered to be a minor. Minors must always be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany up to two minors. Unless otherwise indicated in the Tour description or by the Tour Operator, the minimum age for minors will be disclosed in each tour when it applies. All bookings with a minor are subject to review and approval by the Tour Operator. If the consent of a parent, guardian or any other person is required by applicable law for any minor to travel, the accompanying adult is responsible for securing all consents, documentation and ensuring that they and the minor(s) meet all legal requirements to travel, to enter into and depart from applicable countries and regions. The Tour Operator will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure to secure necessary consents, permits, and approvals. Each adult on a booking with a minor or minor(s) is jointly and severally responsible for the behavior, wellbeing, supervision and monitoring of such minor(s), and jointly and severally accepts these Terms for and on behalf of any minor(s) on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability. The Tour Operator does not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any minor(s).
6. MANDATORY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH A MINIMUM MEDICAL, EVACUATION AND REPATRIATION COVERAGE OF $100,000 USD covering all applicable dates of travel with the Tour Operator. This insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses. On the first day of each Tour, a representative of the Tour Operator will verify that you have sufficient insurance in place. You are strongly recommended to extend your coverage to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that may arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience while traveling. You acknowledge that insurance coverage is not included in the cost of any Tour offered by the Tour Operator and you are required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient coverage and comply with the terms of the applicable insurance plans. You are responsible for advising your insurer of the type of travel, destination(s) and activities included in your booking so that the insurer may provide appropriate coverage.
7. PRICES, SURCHARGES AND TAXES The published price of the Tour and any products or services offered by the Tour Operator is subject to change at any time, before or after booking confirmation, up to 30 days before departure. Tours are priced and advertised exclusive of applicable VAT. After a confirmation invoice has been issued by the Tour Operator, the Tour Operator reserves the right to impose surcharges on any products or services booked for reasons arising from increases in transportation costs, fuel costs, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airport charges, local operator costs, currency and exchange fluctuations, increases in taxes, or government action which impacts the price of the applicable products or services; provided however, the Tour Operator will only do so where the increase in question is greater than 2% of the original price paid for the products or services (excluding add-ons, insurance, and taxes). Upon learning of the necessity to impose a surcharge in accordance with this section the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible. Where the increase in price is greater than 10% of the original price of the applicable products or services (excluding add-ons, insurance and taxes), you may choose to either: (a) cancel the applicable booking without incurring any penalty; or (b) accept the change of price. You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 14 days of receipt of notice of the increase or you will be deemed to have accepted the price change and will be liable for payment of the increase. From time-to-time the Tour Operator may offer reduced pricing on certain products or services. Reduced pricing applies only to new bookings. Bookings where payment of at least a deposit has been received by the Tour Operator are not entitled to reduced pricing.
8. VALIDITY All dates, itineraries and prices of Tours are subject to change at any time and the current price will be quoted and confirmed at the time of booking, subject to any surcharges that may be levied in accordance these Terms. You acknowledge that you are responsible for keeping up to date on the specific details of your Tour and any other products or services, including, but not limited to checking the Tour Operator’s website at least 72 hours prior to departure as minor changes may have been made after the time of booking.
9. DEPOSITS At the time of booking, a non-refundable deposit of USD$250, GBP£100, EUR€250, CAD$250, AUD$250, CHF250, ZAR1000 or NZD$250, as applicable, per person per Tour is due to the Tour Operator. If the booking is made 60 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due at the time of booking. The non-refundable deposit should be sent to the Tour Operator or authorized agent, as applicable. Secured Deposits: If you cancel your booking, and that cancellation is not a result of nonpayment or any other breach of these Terms, the deposit amount will be held as a “Secured Deposit” with the Tour Operator, subject to these Terms. Secured Deposits have no expiry and may be applied towards payment of a deposit on any other Tour offered by the Tour Operator. The Secured Deposit is transferable and may be transferred by you to another individual of your choosing by providing notice to the Tour Operator in writing. For the avoidance of doubt, only the deposit amount will form part of the Secured Deposit. The Secured Deposit has no cash value. Only one Secured Deposit may be applied per person per product booked. A Secured Deposit must be applied to a new Tour booking that is of equal or greater value to the cancelled Tour for which the Secured Deposit was originally received. A Secured Deposit may not be applied to the same or similar dates of travel.
10. DETAILS REQUIRED FOR BOOKING As a condition of booking, you must provide the information requested by the Tour Operator along with final payment. If you fail to provide all required information prior to the date on which full payment is due, an administrative fee will be charged for any costs incurred by the Tour Operator as a result of your failure to provide the required information. If you fail to supply information required by the Tour Operator for permits, or other inclusions, you will also be liable for any costs, fees or losses including failure to obtain or provide that inclusion. In the event that you fail to supply information required by the Tour Operator, the Tour Operator also reserves the right to treat your booking (or the relevant component of your booking) as cancelled and levy any cancellation fees deemed reasonable by the Tour Operator, in its sole discretion. The information required by the Tour Operator will vary by Tour and will be communicated to you or to the Tour Operator’s authorized agent during the booking process. The Tour Operator will not be held responsible for any fees you incur as a result of errors, omissions, inaccuracies, late, misplaced or otherwise incomplete information you have provided.
11. AIRFARE Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s). The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
12. FINAL PAYMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING The confirmation sent by the Tour Operator or your travel agent will contain details of final payment required for any booking. Payment of the balance of the price for any products or services booked is due 60 days before the departure date of the first product or service included in the applicable booking. If full payment is not received by the applicable due date, the Tour Operator may, at its sole discretion, change the rate payable for the booking, or treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit paid on booking as a cancellation fee. If a booking is made less than 60 days before the departure date of the first product included in the applicable booking, then the full amount must be paid at the time of booking. If, for any product or service booked, payment terms differ from those outlined in this section, the applicable terms will be communicated to you prior to booking and will also be detailed on the applicable invoice. The Tour Operator is not responsible for any charges levied by third parties or financial institutions and payable by you as a result of credit card or other payment transactions and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties or financial institutions in connection with payments made by you to the Tour Operator.
13. CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT You may cancel your booking by notifying the Tour Operator. Cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products). Cancellation of a Tour:
(a) Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Secured Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
(b) Cancellation received 59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Secured Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
(c) Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Secured Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable Cancellation of Arrival Transfers, Pre and Post Night Accommodations, My Own Room and optional activities booked directly with the Tour Operator:
(a) Cancellation 45 days or more before departure: you will receive a full refund in respect of cancelled Arrival Transfers, Pre and Post Night Accommodations, My Own Room and optional activities.
(b) Cancellation 30 days or less before departure: No refund will be payable in respect of any cancelled Arrival Transfers, Pre and Post Night Accommodations, My Own Room and optional activities.
14. GUARANTEED DEPARTURES & CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE TOUR OPERATOR A departure date for a Tour offered by the Tour Operator will become a guaranteed departure when at least two bookings secured by a valid deposit has been made on that departure. The Tour Operator guarantees that all scheduled Tour departures booked and secured with a valid deposit will depart as indicated on the applicable confirmation, subject to reasonably itinerary changes as described in these Terms or good faith health and safety concerns. This guarantee is not applicable in the case of Force Majeure. Up to date Tour and itinerary information is available on the Tour Operator’s website or by contacting the Tour Operator. Brochures and other printed materials displaying Tour information and departure dates are subject to change may not be relied upon for purposes of this guarantee. If a Tour is cancelled by the Tour Operator before the date of departure for reasons other than Force Majeure and the cancellation is not caused by your fault or negligence, you will have the choice of accepting from the Tour Operator:
(a) a substitute Tour of equivalent or superior value; or
(b) a substitute Tour of lesser value if no Tour of equivalent or superior value is reasonably available and to recover from the Tour Operator the difference in price between the price of the Tour originally purchased and the substitute Tour; or
(c) a full refund of all monies paid for the cancelled Tour. The Tour Operator is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that you incur as a result of the cancelled booking including visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or rail, non refundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment, the Tour Operator reserves the right to issue a full refund in lieu of the choices above, in its sole discretion. Where a significant element of a Tour as described cannot be provided after departure, the Tour Operator will make suitable alternative arrangements where possible. If it is not possible to provide a suitable alternative or if you reasonably reject any suitable alternatives, the Tour Operator may provide you with a refund for unused products or services as determined in its discretion.
15. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
16. FLEXIBILITY & UNUSED SERVICES You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledges that they will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
17. CHANGES Changes made by the Tour Operator: The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to:
i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service;
ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or
iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or
iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary. Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary. Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.